Shell Rimula: Light Duty Engine Oils | For Consumer
Shell Rimula LD5
Shell Rimula Light Duty Range protects your engine against the common challenges of urban driving.
Shell Rimula LD5 synthetic oils are developed with cutting edge Dynamic Protection Plus Technology. It works to protect against engine wear, oil oxidation and deposit build-up commonly found in vehicles in urban driving conditions like stop/ start, high idle engine running and variable loads.
Shell Rimula LD5 benefits from:
Up to 57% Better Wear Protection1
Up to 50% Less Carbon Deposits 2
Up to 76% improved viscosity control3
1. In one of the most severe ring/ liner wear test Mock T-12 EGR, Shell Rimula Light Duty LD5 Low Ash demonstrated 57% better ring wear protection against API CK-4 limits
2. As demonstrated in the caterpillar 1N Engine test, against the CK-4 limit
3. In the Volvo T-13 test, Shell Rimula Light Duty LD5 Low Ash demonstrated up to 76% improved viscosity control compared with the API CK-4 limit.
Shell Rimula LD4 offers Dynamic Protection Technology which contains a base oil with a high quality additive package. It works to protect against engine wear, oil oxidation and deposit build-up, commonly found in vehicles in urban driving conditions like stop/start, high idle engine running and variable loads.
Our Shell Rimula LD series comes in 7.5L pails will adequately serve a single oil-drain change for many of the vehicles in the category.
Shell Rimula LD4 benefits from:
30% better wear protection1
36% less carbon deposits2
Dynamic Protection Technology
1. % relative to API and ACEA engine oil specification limits in a key engine test, selected to be representative across multiple engines.
2. Compared with Cummins ISM Sludge Rating and Caterpillar 1P* requirements.